August 3, 2012

Ultimate Peanut Butter Cookies


Peanut butter cookies bring out the kid in my husband. Well, lots of things do actually; a freshly pressed golf shirt, a football game with the kids, pizza {he is one of those overly perky types and yes, I would love to be more like him but let's face it--I am victim to the "don't talk to me until I have coffee or wine"syndrome}, so give him a freshly baked-warm-out-of-the-oven peanut butter cookie stuffed with Reese's Pieces & Mini Peanut Butter Cups and you will see a smile that lights up all the way to his hazel eyes.  

That smile makes me smile! And I guarantee these cookies will make you melt somebody's smile too ;) 


I've been craving peanut butter cookies for a good month now and each time I've been to the store, I continue to buy peanut butter candies not realizing that I have already stocked up my pantry 4 times prior for cookies, so I figured it's time to bake or I will need to secretly eat 4 bags of candy before my children find them and I really was not in the mood for that guilt-fest. 

Happy husband and satisfied craving---I think we both win!!


Depending on your own cookie style, you can have a chewy PB cookie with Reese's pieces or a crunchier PB cookie with Reese's Mini peanut butter cups. The texture came out different on each cookie even though I used the same dough.  


No complaints here and if you are like me, you will make them both and happily eat them both. 





Have a Splendid Day!
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
Ingredients 
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon molasses
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 1/4 cup flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2.5 oz Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Minis
  • 1/2 cup Reese's Pieces Candies

Directions 
Preheat oven to 375°F.

Cream butter and both sugars using an electric mixer until smooth, about 2 minutes. Mix in the peanut butter and egg. Stir in molasses, cinnamon and vanilla. Mix together the dry ingredients - flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir the dry ingredients into the sugar butter mixture.

Split dough in half and set one half aside for later. Stir in 1/2 cup Reese's candies. Roll dough with candies into 1 1/4 inch balls. Place about 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten in crisscross pattern with a fork. Bake until light brown, 9 to 10 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for a minute; transfer to rack to cool completely.

Shape other half of dough {without candy} into 1 1/4 inch balls. Place about 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten in crisscross pattern with a fork. Bake until light brown, 9 to 10 minutes. Immediately place 3 Reese's peanut butter mini cups in the center of each cookie. They will melt slightly. Cool on baking sheets for a minute; transfer to rack to cool completely.

Makes about 2 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment