September 30, 2012

Fig & Bacon Pizza

 
Hellllllloooooo Stranger!!! 
 
It's been weeks {and that is being kind} since I have blogged and I am absolutely ashamed of myself.  It's not that my creative juices have left my kitchen or that I haven't enjoyed some amazingly flavorful dishes....it's just that this stay-at-home mom thing keeps me unforeseenly busy!  Now don't get me wrong, I am loving every chaotic second of the hustle & bustle---I just don't have a free hand to capture anything on camera!!
 
So, one of the great little weekend trips we were able to take this summer {since I'm not working!!} was to the stunning college campus of Stanford.  What a breathtaking site--the architecture is a flawless beauty and the lush grounds make for a perfect afternoon stroll.  After wandering the campus for a few hours we stopped for lunch at Pizza My Heart.  Just when you thought you have tried every pizza combination out there, this pizza joint will prove you wrong in so many yummy ways.  The slice that stole my heart was the Figgy Piggy
 
Not that I really need to explain any further than figs-n-pigs but the fusion of ripened figs, crispy bacon,  fresh sage and feta cheese is uncanny. I could just feel my taste buds dancing about :)
 
 
My re-creation of this pizza wonder was simple and just as
 fig-tastic.  And once I had perfect pizza dough {courtesy of the master, Mr. Bobby Flay} within a few minutes, I thought to myself....why don't I make scratch pizza dough more often?
 
On a side note--my apologies for the terrible photo.  I was able to get one lousy shot and then my family devoured the pizza in the middle of my photo session!  Must be that good.
 

Have a Splendid Day!
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
 
Ingredients
 
1 14inch Pizza Crust from Fresh Pizza Dough recipe by Bobby Flay
6 Slices Bacon, cooked until crisp and then crumbled
6-8 Fresh Figs, peeled & sliced
3/4 Cup Feta Cheese, crumbled
2 Tbsp Fresh Sage, sliced thin
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
Fresh Ground Black Pepper
Balsamic Vinegar for drizzling

Directions
 
Prepare pizza dough according to directions. 
 
Prepare a large piece of aluminum foil with non-stick cooking spray.  Arrange pizza dough crust to a 14 inch {approx.} circle on the prepared foil.  Brush olive oil across the entire crust surface.  Layer pizza with feta cheese, fig slices, crumbled bacon and sliced sage.  Crack pepper generously over the top. 
 
Heat grill or bbq to medium-high heat.  Keep pizza on the foil and cook on grill until the dough is cooked through and slightly crispy, about 15-20 minutes.  If the crust is charring, turn heat down to medium-low. 
 
Remove pizza from heat.  Drizzle lightly with balsamic vinegar. Serve immediately.  Enjoy!


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment